All women are active co-labourers in this vineyard meeting regularly every third Sunday of the month after church service. We endeavour to encourage each woman to use their God-given talents, gifts and abilities in the house of the Lord. Open Doors women aim to empower themselves to rise up and take leading roles both in the church and the market place.
The women group was formed in early 2000 then known as Downs Women Fellowship. They organized themselves through a vision of service to the church and the community.
Though few, the group grew and supported first the ladies in the church through prayer, counselling service, financial gifts, social networking also they organize community keep fit, ministering to the elderly and shut in, donate Christmas hamper to homes and helps with winter homeless night shelter.
- - To foster the spirit of unity and togetherness among the women.
- - To support and assist our members and their families in times of need.
- - To promote family values in our local communities
- - To raise awareness of the needs of the vulnerable members of the community such as the Elderly, Disabled and other Disadvantaged members of our community.
- - To support & network with other groups who share similar visions and interests.
- - To take part in projects that reach out externally to those who are in need.
- - The group has increased numerically and in commitment.
- - They are enthusiastic group and plays major part in the church activities.
- - They regularly embark on retreats and support those who need financial help to go.
- - The group supports, assist, our members and their families through visitation, baby shower, financially and prayer.
- We support the elderly, the bereaved and disadvantaged.
- - We support our deceased member children
- - Our external support programme has doubled.
- - The group organises regular social events for the members.
- - Mother's Day is well celebrated and the women lead the service on such occassions.